ant-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Guptill <dgupt...@accesswave.ca>
Subject A good read
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:52:50 GMT
Hello Erik, Steve:

We first started using ant at about 1.2; and upgraded to 1.3 when
it came out.  I've been cobbling, and copying, build.xml files ever
since.  Over time, I experienced a creeping suspicion that I was
not getting everything out of ant that could be got, and that
maybe my build files were longer than they need be,  and maybe
there was too much duplication in the tens of build.xml files.

Things came to a head when I wrote a servlet, and took an example
build.xml from tomcat's site.  My worst fears were confirmed.

So I bought "The Book" (Java Development with Ant) and got through
the first chapter last night.

It looks like a good read.

Doug.