ant-user mailing list archives

From Aidan Monroe <aidan_a...@yahoo.com>
Subject <zip> Not Adding Files
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 23:29:50 GMT

I am trying to get the <zip> task to add some files to an existing .jar file. I cannot
get it to work with an existing file, but it works just fine when creating a new archive file.
Unfortunately, that is not what I want.

I have an existing file in zip format to which I try to add other archives using the following
XML:

 <target name="test" depends="setup">
  <zip destfile="${output}/my.jar" update="yes">
   <zipgroupfileset dir="${basedir}/lib/" includes="abc.jar"/>
  </zip>
 </target>

This does not work. ANT exits cleanly with no error messages but the existing archive is not
modified. If I change the above XML to this, it works fine (notice the name change of the
destfile:

 <target name="test" depends="setup">
  <zip destfile="${output}/my2.jar" update="yes">
   <zipgroupfileset dir="${basedir}/lib/" includes="abc.jar"/>
  </zip>
 </target>

However, this is not what I want. According to the ANT documentation I should be able to do
what I am trying, but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.