ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: ANT visions and best practices
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:24:36 GMT
I use ant to build on a half hour basis for some projects (completely
automated) and that same tool is used to build by label in the evening.
This build also goes against gnatsweb to pulltogether a release card (which
gets inserted into the zip file).  The build send out notification (seperate
mailing list per project per success status).  Depending on the priority
level of the build, some error messages get diverted to my cell phone.  I
also use ant for auto-deployment of builds...

There's also a host of source code scrubbing and validation that goes on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias P. [mailto:groups.mpatzak@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:13 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: ANT visions and best practices

Hi,

I am new to ANT but need to work with it as the responsible configuration
manager (Please dont ask why someone who has never worked with ANT was
appointed as configuration manager. I hope my manager knows what is best for
his
project ;-))

Until now i started to do the tutorials, compile some sources etc.
What i would like to know is what wonders and miracles can be done with ANT?

On what ANT-implementations on your project are you really proud of?
Its just to get an idea and vision what can be done with ANT.

Thank you for your attention. I hope in some month i can give you back some
of my new gained knowledge.

Regards,
Matthias (from the lovely and sunny Munich)

Bitte l├Ącheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!