ant-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bauer <pa...@xaidat.com>
Subject Re: jar building problem
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT
Martin-
Am Fre, 2002-08-16 um 04.12 schrieb Martin:
> Thomas-
>
> The problem exists with the lack of documentation for specifying a Directory
> in excludes/includes
> TRY THIS:
> > When I run it with ant I use:
> >     <jar jarfile="${dist}/${jarfilename}" manifest="${MF}/MANIFEST.MF"
> > duplicate="preserve">
> >       <fileset dir="${build}">
> >         <includes="**/*.class"/>
>            <excludes="/**/*.class"/>
> >       </fileset>
> >     </jar>
>
> die Zustimmung?
> -Martin
Well, your time is somehow broken (August 2002?) so I really don't know
anymore if that's your last reply (maybe it is, because I'm coding since
yesterday afternoon ;-)).
I wrote you why I need a jar without directory-entries.
I don't know exactly what you intend with the excludes, but the result
is the same, I have directory-entries in the jar-file.
But try it yourself:
create a directory structure like this:

mypackage/First.class
mypackage/Second.class

then try to build a jar with ant and on the commandline.
when I run it on the commandline I get a jar: (jar tf myjar.jar)
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
mypackage/First.class
mypackage/Second.class

on the other hand when I run the ant task I get:
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
mypackage/
mypackage/First.class
mypackage/Second.class

And this is not usable for WebStart (jnlp), because jarsigner does not
sign the directory-entry "mypackage/"!
best regards,

Thomas
--