ant-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bauer <pa...@xaidat.com>
Subject Re: jar building problem
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:34:07 GMT
Hi Martin!

Am Fre, 2002-08-16 um 00.30 schrieb Martin:
> Thomas-

[snip]
> see http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html
Reading the last days over and over again :)

> Could I ask the question why you want to jar in a package for which the
> manifest has no location?
Sorry that I confused u with not telling u why I need this.

My application launcher (jnlp) verifies a signed jar file if all files
in it are signed. If one file is not signed, it rejects the jar file.
If I want to have "all-permissions" security level on the client side, I
need a signed jar-file.
When I sign a jarfile using jarsigner, only the *.class files in the jar
file get signed.
When I verify a signed jar file using "jarsigner -verify -verbose" I see
a "signed" flag only for the *.class files.
So I need a jar without "directory-only" entries then signing it will
work.
I tried it on the command-line (Linux) with "jar cfm myjar.jar
mymanifest.mf **/*.class" and it works and it includes only the class
files.
When I run it with ant I use:
    <jar jarfile="${dist}/${jarfilename}" manifest="${MF}/MANIFEST.MF"
duplicate="preserve">
      <fileset dir="${build}">
        <include name="**/*.class"/>
      </fileset>
    </jar>

And it includes the directories.
The only solution to this problem is executing jar using the ant task
"exec" but I don't want this, because it wouldn't be platform
independant.
That's my problem ;-)
regards,

Thomas