ant-user mailing list archives

From davexm...@netscape.net
Subject Does SQL task support a single transaction for multiple sql files?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:56:46 GMT
Hi,

We are using ANT for our deployments and want to automate the database updates as well. We
have multiple sql files for a single release to make it easier to maintain them.

When we do a deployment I want to run all the scripts in a single transaction so that if any
go wrong I can roll them all back. Unfortunately the SQL task says that it creates a new transaction
for each file, this means that if one fails it won't roll back them all. It needs to be all
or nothing when it comes to the database as the new code we deploy will expect all the changes
there and if we roll back, the old code will expect none of the changes.

Any suggestions?
Do I need to create my own custom task?

Cheers Dave