ant-user mailing list archives

From Modha Kumar <MKu...@calcas.com>
Subject RE: putting multiple ejb in a jar
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:52:29 GMT
Thanks for the info, I will now focus on which beans to put together.
Actually I am looking for a sample ejb-jar.xml jboss.xml build.xml
in case of using multiple session beans.
This will greatly help me in understanding the deployment files. There are
examples for these files all over the net which i used to learn in case of
single
session bean and making a jar out of it, however i
could not find one's that use multiple ejbs.
Thanks
Modha/-

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Blanc [mailto:Sebastien.Blanc@alcatel.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 5:43 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: putting multiple ejb in a jar

I'd say u do as u like to:
first ask urself if u wanna put these ejbs in the same jar or not. most of
the
time u try to group ur EJBs per functionalities, otherwise u'll have to make
ejb-refs all over the place everytime u want to access a bean B from a bean
A.
also it depends how u wanna distribute ur application: if u want a certain
functionality to be able to run in a separate server than the others (becoz
of
load & perfs for instance) then u may want to put them in a seperate jar.
then there are few constraints on the EJB packaging itself that may lead u
ur choice. u may want to have a look at the 2 following pointers. pbs with
dependencies may drive u to either lower dependencies or manage them (which
is
not always easy)

 http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/onjava/2001/06/26/ejb.html

ftp://vadd1:yb29hmib@207.25.253.53/1/wsdd/pdf/gisell/UnderstandingWebSphereC
lassLoaders.pdf

as far as build.xml is concerned the way I work is that I have xdoclet
generating all the descriptors in one directory (in ur case u use ANT but
does
not matter), all the bean classes in another one (could be the same as the
previous one), and I re-use the task for all functional packages for which I
need a jar with the XML import capacity.

i.e. think it's really up to u, but at least I wdn't put one bean per jar.

hope this will help.

seb.

Modha Kumar wrote:

> Hi
> I have a couple of session ejb's.
>
> when i had only one i used to use this to generate jar
>
> <target name="ejb-jar" depends="compile">
>         <delete dir="${build.fnol.dir}/META-INF"/>
>         <mkdir dir="${build.fnol.dir}/META-INF"/>
>         <copy file="${src.dir}/com/a/b/server/ejb-jar.xml"
> todir="${build.fnol.dir}/META-INF" />
>         <copy file="${src.dir}/com/a/b/server/jboss.xml"
> todir="${build.fnol.dir}/META-INF" />
>         <jar jarfile="${build.fnol.dir}/commandserver.jar">
>             <fileset dir="${build.classes.dir}">
>                          <include
name="com/a/b/server/CommandServer.class"
> />
>                        <include
> name="com/a/b/server/CommandServerBean.class" />
>                        <include
> name="com/a/b/server/CommandServerHome.class" />
>                          <include
> name="com/a/b/exceptions/CommandException.class" />
>                          <include
name="com/a/b/commandbeans/Command.class"