ant-user mailing list archives

From "Woo, Chen Ching" <c...@spss.com>
Subject RE: JMeter Ant task
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:25:21 GMT
Thanks for the direction. I'll check it out to see if it meets our needs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Christiansen [mailto:Nathan_Christiansen@tni.com]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 3:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: JMeter Ant task

I am not aware of one, however, there is a library called JUnitPerf that will allow you to
do load testing, and performace testing. It is produced by Clarkware Consulting, Inc. and
licenced under the BSD License.

What you do is you write a JUnit Test that uses JUnitPerf as a wrapper around the test. This
allows you to use the JUnit task in ant and therefore have the nice reports.

You can use the two tests in combination to automatically fail your ant build if under a specific
simulated user load, the response is not under a certian amount of time.

Info, downloads, and such are found here: (Pay special attention to the "Limitations" section.)

http://www.clarkware.com/software/JUnitPerf.html

A good introduction to integrating JUnitPerf and JUnit is in the book "Java Tools for Extreme
Programming: ..." listed in the "Resources" section of the above web page.

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International
   http://www.tahitiannoni.com