ant-user mailing list archives

From "Yoshimitsu, Stacy D." <SYOSHIMI...@northropgrumman.com>
Subject javac
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:56:47 GMT
All,

Is it possible for Ant to compile all *.java in the ${src.dir} and place the
*.classes in the ${build.dir.classes}, but save the directory path?  For
example:

${src.dir} would contain the following directory structures:
src/
    com/a/
	 a2.java
	 a1.java
          b/
	b1.java
	b2.java
          c/cc
	    /cc1.java
	    cc2.java

After the compilation (javac), the ${build.dir.classes} directory will
contains the same directory structure as the src with the classes files in
it:
-
classes/
           com/a/
	         a2.class
	         a1.class
                b/
	       b1.class
	       b2.class
                  c/cc/
	    	cc1.class
	   	cc2.class

I'm new to Ant and was wondering if that's the way to go for writing the
build script.  If so, then how do we write that in a build script?  I bought
2 Ant books, but am still not able to figure out how to write it in the
build.xml.

Thanks,

Stacy