ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <levylamb...@tiscali-dsl.de>
Subject international encoding (hebrew) and property task
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:18:51 GMT
Is it possible to create property files which ant can read which are not in the standard ISO
8859 character set, but in UTF 8, and contain for instance hebrew characters ?

If it is possible, how ?

I have just been working on sending email in Hebrew from a German Win2K computer with the
mail task, using a patch supplied by a Russian ant user.

I managed well as soon as I typed my hebrew text in the build.xml, where I had explicitly
written encoding=utf8.

When I tried instead to get my hebrew message from a property file, I got garbage, and I have
a suspicion that the property task does not process properly (or cannot process) files containing
UTF8. (with the syntax <property file="hebrew.properties"/> for instance, where "hebrew.properties"
contains properties like line1=some hebrew sentence in UTF8

Let me know what you think.

Antoine