ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:50:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tony.Cavanagh@smartstream-md.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 06:21
Subject: Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar

> The error message : "The ' characters around the executable and arguments
> are not part of the command." is not very helpful.

oh they are...you dont know how many bugreps we have got related to a single
argument value not being treated as a set of space separated values, and
vice-versa; the quotes are there to tell you exactly what each arg is,
including spaces, and the 'ignore the quotes' message is there to tell you
not to file a report on 'ant adds quotes to all my commands;