ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mattias J" <matt...@expertsystem.se>
Subject Password task
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:26:20 GMT
I need the user to input a password (for ftp) into an ant script, without it
being echoed to the screen. I know this is a common issue on this mailing
list, but I have searched all over and found no final answer.

I should state that the ant script is run (on a Linux box) through telnet,
so a GUI popup is no alternative.

I started off trying to write a shell script to read the password for me,
but then I found out Ant steals all the input...

So I tried to write an ant task which read the password and ereased the
input, using information from
http://java.sun.com/features/2002/09/pword_mask.html and
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=23448. I succeded in making something
that works (if you don't type to fast...), but somehow it inserts a
linebreak for each key pressed.

Has really nobody else made a command line password input task for ant???

Would somebody care to look at this code and help me improve it?

(Now, let's hope this list allows attachements)

  Mattias Jiderhamn
  Expert Systems

  mattias@expertsystem.se
  www.expertsystem.se