ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant reference book
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:29:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 05:27
Subject: Re: Ant reference book

> On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 05:55  AM, Herr Christian Wolfgang
> Hujer wrote:
> > I have the small and the big Ant books from O'Reilly. Usually I'd
> > recommend
> > O'Reilly, but, though these are very good, they don't explain much of
> > Ant's
> > additional tasks. I've heard there's an Ant book out there that even
> > devotes
> > two chapters on XDoclet. I'd recommend at least taking a look at that
> > one,
> > just for hearing that it also covers XDoclet.
>
> Two books on Ant from O'Reilly?  Really?  I have three (well, ok, I
> co-wrote one of them) different books: the Sam's book, the O'Reilly
> one, and the one Steve and I wrote.

One will be the German, Ant Kurtz und Gut, I guess.

Also, Java tools for Extreme Programming covers Ant (1.3 or 1.4, I forget),
along with junit, cactus, and httpunit...not as much on ant as the others,
but more on testing (and those bits havent dated much yet). Has a bias
towards EJB, which may or may not be your thing :). I also see on Amazon two
more books up and coming on the whole open source java toolchain; these will
be breadth rather than depth books, I suspect.

-Steve