ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Sansburn" <rsansb...@clareos.com>
Subject RE: Recommendations for moving from java to .NET
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:40:43 GMT
Michael,

What commands do you use to build your c/c++ code from within ant?  I am
setting up the build process for our company and I am currently working
on our Java code but I will have to provide a solution for building all
of our C/C++ DevStudio projects.

Thanks,
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: MNewcomb@tacintel.com [mailto:MNewcomb@tacintel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:30 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Recommendations for moving from java to .NET

The laughter stemmed from someone moving *from* Java/J2EE to .NET, not
in requesting tools to build .NET applications.

> You should, at the least, acknowledge the fact that
> they are still contemplating the use of ant, which, in
> my mind, is a HUGE compliment to the tool. I for one,
> would like to see ant's use become more "standard"
> within the industry, and NOT just for java development.

Of course Ant will become the premiere build tool for all environments.
I use it to build my C/C++ code as well.

But, *you* must admit the same qualities that make Ant so appealing are
the same ones that stem from Java and are inherent with J2EE.  For
someone to recognize that in Ant, but not in Java/J2EE, was... funny.

Michael