ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <levylamb...@tiscali-dsl.de>
Subject Re: getting the exec task to run a script which spawns a child process
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:08:56 GMT
have a look at this posting from Bill Burton :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=104322316306620&w=2
Subject:  [SUBMIT] Support for detached <exec> on Unix and Windows

Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Melissa Hao" <melissa.hao@oracle.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 6:35 PM
Subject: getting the exec task to run a script which spawns a child process

> Hi,
>
> I use the exec task to run a shell script called foo.sh.   foo.sh has "bar
&" inside of it, which spawns a background child process.  foo.sh finishes
pretty quickly, but the exec task waits for bar to finish before moving on.
This is a problem for me because bar is supposed to run indefinitely.

> I searched this mailing list but I haven't found my exact problem.  I
found http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=100621497023872&w=2, which
explains a workaround for getting foo.sh to run indefinitely.  Do I use the
same workaround to get bar to run indefeintely?