ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ANT visions and best practices
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:08:20 GMT

I would back up Simon's comments, and add that amazon.co.uk seems to have
better ship time & pricing, at least the last time I looked. In the
meantime, Ant in Anger covers some of the topics.

Tips

1. Download xdoclet from xdoclet.sf.net and start looking at it as the way
of generating all your EJB deployment descriptors, taglibs, etc.

2. look at junit, httpunit and cactus, if you havent already. Java tools for
Extreme Programming is another book in this area.

3. Get a copy of IntelliJ IDEA

4. Set up an automated build system, such as CruiseControl
(cruisecontrol.sf.net), for a continuous build.

5. automate all deployment, post deployment testing,

6. treat deployment config problems as defects and write tests for them
before you fix.

I have some papers and presentations you might find interesting at
http://iseran.com/Steve/papers.html

-steve