ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Schulz" <sch...@ivs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject How to realize a forked ant call
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:20:44 GMT
Hi,

I wonder, if anyone tried to realize a forked ant call in a
build file.

To my motivation:
For the project, several ant extensions have been written
that wrap thirdparty java tools. These tools expect
environment variables which depend on the project settings.
By now, these settings are done by script files that finally
call the project's build file.
I would like to replace these script files by ant, as in ant
variables and paths can be constructed OS-independend.

Unfortunately, in ant one cannot re-set properties or
environment variables. Hence, I was going to use a
"Meta"-build file, which sets the needed variables
and then calls the real build file by using the java-task
with ant. It failed, because the new ant task does not find
javac anymore. The JAVA_HOME in the new ant task is incorrect
and setting JAVA_HOME with the java-task seems being ignored.

So, what I would actually need is something like this:

Any suggestions or hints are most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Stefan
--
http://www.ivs.tu-berlin.de