ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Finding the jar file that a particular class resides in.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:01:16 GMT
Axis 1.6 in CVS has a <whichresource> task that takes a classpath or fileset
( I forget) and locates where a class or resource is among all the Jars
listed.

Hint on java.sql.savepoint though.
1. the java keyword means it comes from sun
2. its listed in the java1.4 documentation as a core j2se class
3. which probably means rt.jar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Christiansen" <Nathan_Christiansen@tni.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 09:19
Subject: Finding the jar file that a particular class resides in.

I seem to remember a discussion a while back about trying to find out which
jar file a particular class resides in.

I have two machines, one of which I can build a project and run a test file.
On the other I can't build or run the compiled test class because it can't
find the definition for java/sql/Savepoint

I would like to know what jar file that file is in without having to check
the many different places and jar files in the classpath, etc.

I have tried searching the mailing list archives to no avail.  I just can't
seem to get the correct combination of key words and phrases.

Thanks.

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International
   http://www.tahitiannoni.com