ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant apply and file.separator
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:19:28 GMT
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Craig Goss <cgoss@madriver.com> wrote:

> The following invokes an executable compiled under Cygwin on Windows
> XP.  Java knows I'm a Windows user and always returns a backslash in
> the <sourcefile> and <targetfile> parameters which isn't OK with
> Cygwin which expects unix format forward slashes.

A very similar issue has been brought up for Cygwin's version of CVS
and some cvs tasks in Ant on cactus-dev.  I'm contemplating on a
unixstyle attribute that would force Ant to use forward slashes in
those tasks (and could extend it to <apply> as well).

Could become reality faster if anybody wants to lend a hand 8-)

Stefan