ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: ReplaceRegExp task, IndexOutOfBoundsException, an I18N problem
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:18:58 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, <> wrote:

> Recently I noticed ReplaceRegExp task has been added at Ant1.5.1. I
> tried it and soon found it does not work for a file using Japanese
> characters.

Sorry about that.  All of us Ant committers are using "western" style
locales, I guess, so we tend to overlook these problems.  Maybe this
is going to change when more of us upgrade to an OS that uses some
Unicode type as its native encoding.

Could you please try the next nightly build of Ant (next is no earlier
than 2003-02-01)?  Here the <replaceregexp> task has a new attribute
"encoding" that you could use to tell Ant which encoding to use.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message