ant-user mailing list archives

From dalg...@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Re: <ant call returning properties to caller
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:41:57 GMT
In article <3E321E7F.3010507@hanaden.com>,
Hanasaki JiJi  <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:
>1. how can ant script1 call ant script2 and the properites set/reset in
>script2 are available in script1?
>
>2. how can ant script1 call ant script2 and the properites set/reset in
>script2 are NOT available in script1?

First, properties can NOT be reset.  So the called environment simply isn't
going to be able to change anything.

Second, the called environment is removed upon return.  So you cannot
directly return properties.

What I usually do is make use of <propertyfile/> and <property file="..."/>
to pass things back up.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/