ant-user mailing list archives

From "Yaron Ruckenstein" <yaron.ruckenst...@mobilitec.com>
Subject RE: Running processes with Ant
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:12:58 GMT
Martin and Markus

Thanks a lot for your help.
I'll try to explain again my considerations.

I'm using Ant for compile, build and deploy my project.

My intention is to create a new Ant script to be used only for
executing the different processes that compose my company's product.

This Ant script shall replace the set of Unix and windows script
that are used now.

I'm not sure if this is a good approach when in production environment.

Maybe I'm wrong, but do you recommend to use Ant to run Tomcat
(and maybe all other Java processes) in production environment ?
This sound reasonable, because a JVM is loaded anyway, and if we do not
fork, all the overhead we get is loading some extra classes, and some
extra processing.

What do you think ?

Thanks again,
Yaron.