ant-user mailing list archives

From Tony.Cavan...@smartstream-md.com
Subject RE: Problem running ant outside WebSphere 5 development enviromen t
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:24:13 GMT

Thanks able to access the document now.

Document
http://www7b.software.ibm.com/wsdd/library/techarticles/0203_searle/searle1.html
has ended up confusing me.

I am new to both ant and to webSphere, I managed to get ant within the
websphere environment,
but cant not get it running outside. I have listed all the steps I took
below.

I would be grateful if someone could point out where I have gone wrong  in
setting up the environment variables.

Set up your PATH to use the internal JRE:
set PATH=x:\Ws_installdir\plugins\com.ibm.etools.server.jdk\bin;%PATH%

Problem number 1)
I don't have the com.ibm.etools.server.jdk path in my WebSphere
Installation.
I do have two plugin directories.

C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\wstools\eclipse\plugins
C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\plugins

I have three internal JRE directories .

C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\jre\bin
C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\bin
C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\bin

Set up your CLASSPATH with the Ant JAR and the Xerces parser JAR (this
command must be all on one line):
set CLASSPATH=x:\Ws_installdir\plugins\org.eclipse.ant.core\ant.jar;
x:\Ws_installdir\plugins\org.apache.xerces\xerces.jar;%CLASSPATH%

Set up your ANT.HOME environment variable:
set ANT.HOME=x:\Ws_installdir\plugins\org.eclipse.core

Problem number 2 I don't have a directory or a jar called org.eclipse.core,
I do have a whole series of
files such as org.eclipse.core.boot_2.0.2, org.eclipse.core.resources_2.0.1

I guess that ANT.HOME is a special websphere command and picks up
org.eclipse.core from somewhere.
But I am not sure which plugin directory to use.

I ran a series of tests of differing combinations and got the same error
message :
No JAXP compliant XML parser found. I searched my websphere directory for
any mention of JAXP there was none.

It must be set in one of the org.eclipse.core or tools directory, but I
don't know which one and the document does not say.
I don't think I need to download the JAXM parser it must be within the
WebSphere environment somewhere, I ma just not sure how to access it.

Thanks for any Help Tony

Test 1 Set

ANT.HOME = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.core
JRE = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\jre\bin

Error Message: No JAXP compliant XML parser found.

Test 2
ANT.HOME = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.core
jre = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\bin

Error Message: No JAXP compliant XML parser found.

Test 3 set
ANT.HOME = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.core
JRE = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\bin

Error Message: No JAXP compliant XML parser found.

Test 4
ANT.HOME = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\wstools\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.core
JRE = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\bin

Error Message: No JAXP compliant XML parser found.

Test 5
ANT.HOME = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\wstools\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.core
JRE = C:\IBM\WebSpere studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\bin

Test 6