ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Draper <Da...@geotrust.com>
Subject RE: passing of properties from a child ant task to its parent
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:14:55 GMT
I can't see a lot of difference between the <ant>
and <antcall> tags. It looks like they provide very similar
functionality. Regardless, my take from reading the docs
of the <ant> tags leads me to believe that it does not pass
anything back.

Here is a code snip that will create and write
the property file and value(s).

<mkdir dir="${baseTarget}" />
<touch file="${baseTarget}/label.properties" />
<propertyfile file="${baseTarget}/label.properties" comment="${BLD_LABEL}">
	<entry key="BLD_LABEL" value="${BLD_LABEL}" />
</propertyfile>

Here is the code that would read the properties back out.

<property file="${baseTarget}/label.properties"/>

The value of ${baseTarget} is set before using <antcall>
to call target.

- Dave