ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Need help on creating a task
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:28:36 GMT
On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 12:08  AM, Janet Abdul-Karim wrote:

> .getProject().getName() where does that info come from.  Does it come
> from the .xml file where i did give the project the name.  Maybe if I
> understood that I could understand how the class and the .xml file
> works.  thanks in advance for all your help.

At this point I have to ask that you do a little trial and error on
your own.  You tell me, what does it return you?  And how does that
jive with the XML file?  Dig into Ant's source code - its more
approachable than you might think.  Have a look at the Javadocs.  Use
an IDE(A!) that lets you navigate source code like you're kayaking down
a big ol' whitewater river effortlessly.  The answers are right before
you, just have a peek.  (no offense intended here - I'm happy to share
info, but the biggest gift I can give is how to find that info yourself)

I'm not sure what info you're fishing for here -
getProperty("ant.project.name") will give you the project name, and
there really isn't much need to get anything from the Project object
itself.

	Erik

p.s. But yes, getName() returns the project name too.  getDescription
returns the project <description> as well, which is not available as an
Ant property.