ant-user mailing list archives

From Joylene Nettleton <joylene.nettle...@peregrine.com>
Subject Replacing a string in a file
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:22:04 GMT
I have a manifest file looks like:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor-Id: abc
Implementation-Vendor: xyz
implementation-version: def.4.0.1.0
Implementation-Title: something
Requires: config.anotherversion

I need to change the version number (the red part or 4.0.1.0 in this case)
based on another manifest file.  The part I need help is to replace the
"version number".  How do you replace the whole line in Ant with something
else?  Right now I could only get the 1st part, "implementation-version:
def." replaced by using the "replace" task.  The version number could be
anything.  I am just using 4.0.1.0 as example here.  I can not use any
function supported only in Perl or MKS tool kit because the file I am using
is shared with other users who may not have Perl/MKS tool kit installed on
their machine.

Thanks for your help.

--Joylene