ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Quick GenJar Question
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:11:50 GMT
Have you looked at <classfileset>? --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Quirk [mailto:brian.quirk@ams.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 1:03 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Quick GenJar Question

Thank you for your quick response. However, I believe using <classfilter>
still requires me to list each class using <class> or else class1, class2,
and class3 would not be pulled into the jar.

The <library dir="${build.dir}/com/foo/bar/> element almost does the trick
but I get too much path information in my jar (c:/source/com/foo/bar) or
all path information is stripped ( when used as <library dir="
${build.dir}/com/foo/bar/*" ).

I'm new to Ant and curious how users are typically jaring up their files.
We currently use JBuilder 6 and like the option it provides to include
dependent classes and resources in jar files. However, we want to move
completely to Ant and are just trying to determine the best way to JAR are
files (We love the ejbjar task and its use of bcel).  Are most users using
the core jar task and determining dependent classes manually (not through
the likes of bcel or genjar)? If so, great, we just need to move in that
direction.

Thanks for your time.
Brian