ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: JUNIT & Junitreport - not showing System.out in HTML Report
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:50:10 GMT
I modified junit-frames.xsl to add the links to stdout/stderr. JUnit tests
shouldn't need to output anything (unfortunately ours are quite verbose for
reasons I won't get into ;-), but if they do, the new stylesheet will
generate the .txt files from the info in the XML, and the links to them in
the HTML, but only if there's something to link to, i.e. some output. So if
you have clean unit tests which are silent, you won't see a thing.

This is in CVS only (HEAD and/or 1.5 branch, I'm not sure). --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 9:26 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: JUNIT & Junitreport - not showing System.out in HTML Report

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 09:58  AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> The stylesheet that generates the HTML report simply ignores
> <system-out> elements.  To have it added, you will have to tweak the
> XSL.  This can be done easily (if you know a little XSLT) by copying
> the existing XSL file, making the changes, and pointing to its parent
> directory using the 'styledir' attribute of the <report> subelement of
> <junitreport>.

Actually, the junit-frames.xsl does have handling for system-out and
system-err - it appears it should write them to .txt files and provide
hyperlinks to them in the HTML view.  I've never seen these links
appear on reports I've generated though, so perhaps there is a bug in
the XSL (wrong element path perhaps?).  Anyone seen this work?

	Erik