ant-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Holmqvist, IT, Posten" <christian.holmqv...@posten.se>
Subject SV: New Ant Task
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:52:55 GMT
Hi

I think this is a great idéa and have been planing to do something like this
myself. The main differens between your and mine idéa is that I wanted to
increment the manifest file build number. And that I need someway to detect
if it is a minor, major och patch incremention that should be done.

I.e. my version number looks something like 1.2.3 and depending on what type
of build that is done it is different version level incremention that needs
to be done. I still havn't gotten around to doing any real work but I don't
imagine that it should be hard :-) (famous last words *lol*)...

The buildnumber task (or what it's name is) that is included in ANT now is
truly worthless, first it can only store one build increment and only if it
is a integer...

/Christian Holmqvist