ant-user mailing list archives

From "Naresh Bhatia" <NBha...@sapient.com>
Subject Problem with <formatter> tag inside <junit>
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:51:27 GMT
Ant is crashing if I put a <formatter> tag inside <junit>. Here's my
target:

  <target name="test-this" depends="build">
    <junit fork="true" haltonfailure="true" showoutput="true"
printsummary="true">
      <formatter type="plain"/>
      <classpath>
        <path refid="test.path"/>
      </classpath>
      <test name="MyTest"/>
    </junit>
  </target>

When I run this target I get the following error:

    [junit] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.PlainJUnitResultFormatter.s
tartTest(PlainJUnitResultFormatter.java:188)
    [junit]     at
junit.framework.TestResult.startTest(TestResult.java:151)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:103)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTe
stRunner.java:231)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:409)
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"

If I take out the <formatter> tag everything works fine!

1) Any idea why this is happening?
2) (When I get this to work) is there a way to direct the output file to
a specified directory? I am assuming by default it will dump the output
in basedir.

Thanks.
Naresh