ant-user mailing list archives

From "Naresh Bhatia" <NBha...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: How to get paths with forward slashes
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:30:43 GMT
Hi Brian,

Yes, log4j does work with double backslashes. The only problem is that I
can not get ant to put them in there (using filtersets). Ant specifies
paths with single backslash for DOS. However, I am now using
<pathconvert> to specify paths with single forward slashes and that
works.
Naresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Murray [mailto:brian.c.murray@vanderbilt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 9:55 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How to get paths with forward slashes

Naresh,

Monday, January 27, 2003, 10:52:53 AM, you wrote:

NB> Well, I am using Ant's Copy task with a filterset to generate my
NB> log4j.xml. The file is correctly generated with the following line
NB> to specify the log file:

NB>     <param name="File" value="C:\MyProject\log\test.log"/>

This may be so obvious that you've already tried it, but have you
tried using double backslashes?  In other words:

     <param name="File" value="C:\\MyProject\\log\\test.log"/>

I don't have log4j configured at the moment so I couldn't test this,
but it has worked for me when using the <exec> task.

Brian Murray
Vanderbilt University