ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AntHill vs. CruiseControl vs. Gump
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:11:51 GMT
After reading the chapter in Eriks and Steves book "Java Development with
Ant"
I had chosen CruiseControl. They have written their views of the pro´s and
con´s
to each continous-integration-tool so you could make your own decision.

Jan Matèrne

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nau, Michael [mailto:Michael.Nau@pyxis.com]
Gesendet am: Freitag, 10. Januar 2003 03:03
An: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: AntHill vs. CruiseControl vs. Gump

I have been assigned with setting up an integrated build process for all
of our software components. The idea being to build each component
working with the dependency tree in a top-to-bottom fashion. We
currently have approximately 25 components which are currently being
build individually with ant.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this. My initial thought was to
have a master build.xml file that calls into the component's build.xml.
But after doing to investigation I came across a couple of tools that
seem to be designed for this problem: AntHill, CruiseControl & Gump.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one is better?

Thanks,
Mike.