ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: displaying project name before target name in output
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:41:18 GMT
On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 02:12  PM, tek1 wrote:
> when i want to use this new logging class, then am i correct to assume
> that upon each ant execution, i need to specify it as follows?
>
>         > ant -logger NewLogger <target>

Yes, you need to specify the logger on every ant invocation, but....

> if so, is there a way to specify the logger to be used in something
> like an ant.properties file, such that ant can be executed as normal,
> without explicity specifying "-logger NewLogger" each time?  if not,
> no problem.

set the environment variable ANT_ARGS to be "-logger NewLogger"

> out of curiosity, have any other people requested the ability to
> change the target name lines (i.e. "init: ")?  if so, then a
> suggestion for a future feature is to adopt a junit-style syntax (i.e.
> "%P.%T" which would print <projectName>.<targetName>; and other %...
> options) and specify these in a ant-log.properties file or something?
> just an idea.

Thats an interesting idea.  Actually the format you'd want is
MessageFormat-style: "{0}.{1}...".  Patches welcome!  :)

> thanks again for the great advice to solving my problem!

My pleasure.  Be sure to bundle your logger in a JAR and put it in
ANT_HOME/lib - that will be the best way to ensure its available.

	Erik