ant-user mailing list archives

From Tony Obermeit <ton...@compuserve.com>
Subject Running build.xml located in jar file
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 05:51:26 GMT
I have created a jar file that include the ant class files, a build.xml
file and my application class files.

I have not been able to get ant to find the build file within the jar
file.  If I place the build file in the same directory as the jar file, and
run ant as follows:

java -cp application.jar org.apache.tools.ant.Main, ant runs the build file
successfully.  The problem is when the build file is not in a directory,
but instead is bundled within the jar file, then ant reports "Build file:
build.xml does not exist, Build Failed".

I'm using a single jar file (which includes ant class files, application
class files and build.xml) so that my entire application, and it's setup
scripts (build.xml) can be easily deployed.  For what it's worth, the build
file contains sql tasks that I used to create database tables when running
the application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony