ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: HTML validation
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:56:37 GMT

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 04:26  AM, Eric Jain wrote:
>> <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/external.html#Anteater>
>> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/latka/index.html>
>> <http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html>
>
> Thanks. What I was looking for was a task to do validation in the
> sense of
> checking the syntax for conformance to the official W3C standards
> (something
> like http://validator.w3.org/), doesn't seem to be supported directly
> by any
> of those tools.

I created a Lucene <index> task to parse HTML using JTidy and index the
contents.  I ran it on Ant's documentation and Javadocs many times and
corrected a lot of the errors it kicked out (and there were a lot of
them!).

It would be pretty easy to take what I've done and make it into a
general purpose <htmlvalidate> task and even have it fail the build if
errors are detected if thats what you want.

Have a look at the lucene-sandbox repository for contributions/ant:

	http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/ant/

The HtmlDocument class is the one you're looking for.

	Erik