ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: AW: Using Namespace
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:49:21 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> I don´t know whether Ant support namespaces - I haven´t ever seen one.

Ant 1.5.x does not support namespaces - no namespaces can be declared as the
parser will not recognize a namespace declaration as such but will try to
pass it as an attribute of project - which fails.

Ant 1.6 allows namespaces to be declared (currently enabled - testing under
Gump)

Exactly what a namespace means has not been decided yet. The current
thinking is that Ant itself will continue to use the default namespace but
that collections of task (antlibs) may be associated with a namespace
(mechanism to be decided).

Conor