ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <stefano.mancare...@caboto.it>
Subject Re: How do you use destdir in javac task?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:44:13 GMT
Jim Cobban wrote:
> My classes are all in the Census package so I have a directory containing the source
 > which has a subdirectory of Census which contains the compiled classes.
> The documentation on the javac task specifically mentions the need to
have the
 > directory structure mirror the package hierarchy.

You need to have your *source* directory structure mirror the package
hierarchy.
I suggest you to place your sources under "src/Census", to create a
"classes" directory and to specify it as your destdir in <javac>.
Compiled classes will be placed under "classes/Census".

> I am clearly doing something wrong because every time I run ant it indicates
 > that it is compiling every one of my programs, even if it has just
finished
 > compiling them.

What you are doing wrong is not placing your sources in a directory
called "Census".