ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien BLANC <Sebastien.Bl...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ANT_HOME in Windows 98
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:38:18 GMT
oops:
remove the final '^' at the end of ur _CP_ otherwise this won't work.
seb.

Sebastien BLANC wrote:

> try the following under DOS:
>
> set ANT_HOME=D:\jakarta-ant-1.5.1
> then
> echo %ANT_HOME%
>
> if this does work then no reason why this should not work into a batch file; it not,
then write this line into ur ant.bat file and skip (rem) the lines that do the 'if exist "%ANT_HOME%"
goto' check.

> ur script can be as simple as follows:
>
> set _CP_=%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar^
> %MAVEN_HOME%\repository\jaxp\jars\jaxp-1.2.jar;^
> %MAVEN_HOME%\repository\xml-apis\jars\xml-apis-2.0.2.jar;^
> %MAVEN_HOME%\repository\xalan\jars\xalan-2.3.1.jar;^
> %MAVEN_HOME%\lib\commons-logging-1.0.1.jar;^
>
> rem move MAVEN_HOME to watever is the correct path
>
> set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1
>
> %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xmx256m -classpath %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%_CP_% -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties
org.apache.tools.ant.Main %*

> then u may want to add the ant.bat path into ur %PATH% which seems to work in ur case.
>
> seb.
>
> Jim Cobban wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded and unzipped the ant 1.5.1 package.  I have set ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME
as described in the installation instructions.  However no matter what I set ANT_HOME to when
I type ant I get:

> > ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.
> >
> > The environment variables are:
> >
> > D:\MyPrograms\JavaProgs\CensusServlet\ReadXls>set
> > ANT_HOME=D:\jakarta-ant-1.5.1
> > JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1
> > PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\JDK1.3.1\BIN;D:\JAKARTA-ANT-1.5.1\BIN
> >
> > There is only one thread I can see on this subject in the archives, it peters out
with a suggestion that the problem might be the backslash, but changing this to a forward
slash makes no difference.

> > When I turn echo on I find that execution of ant.bat merrily flows right through
the 'if exist "%ANT_HOME%" goto' statement, even though the directory definitely exists.
Moreover when I experiment I find that it does not matter WHAT I put in the "if exist" statement
control flows through.  Does "if exist" even work on Win98?

> > I would really like to use ant.  It is a real pain to have to keep editting the
shell scripts that I am using to compile my applications.