ant-user mailing list archives

From "Markus M. May" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Running processes with Ant
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:59:19 GMT
Hello Yaron,
I did not fully understand what you woould like to do with you ANT
scripts. But I sounds like you are doing the whole build process with
shell scripts and batch-files. Especially for this matter ANT is build.
I am currently working on a large scale application using EJBs, Modules,
Configuration Management, Unit Tests, etc. All the build process is done
with ANT. Especially the Classpath thing is done using ANT as a base and
Greebo for the Repository of the JARs.

I believe that ANT is a full replacement for the make process, even
though it gets difficult, if you would like to do loops and stuff. But
the most stuff you will find in some plugins, and the only thing, you
have to do, is build your build.xml.

If you would like to do some stuff like starting up Tomcat , then ithis
is possible also, but I haven't tested this, except for starting Tomcat
up for Unit Tests, but not in a live environment.

So, therefor my experience tells me that you don't have to worry about
using ANT. You have to worry, if you are not doing it.

Greets

Markus M. May