ant-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Tyler <gordon.ty...@sitraka.com>
Subject Re: Spaces in the path, XSLT, and Java
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:59:38 GMT
Kyle Adams wrote:
> Typo - should be:
>
> <jvmarg line="-Dlogfile={$logdir}/buildlog-{@name}.txt"/>
>
> Per Stefan's suggestion, I tried switch the attribute to value - this
> is from the post-XSLT buildfile:
>
> <jvmarg value="-Dlogfile=C:\Documents and
> Settings\kadams/.snap/log/buildlog-siteController.txt"/>
>
> I still ended up with the same error message - "-debug" yields:
>
> Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing
> 'D:\jdk1.3.1_04\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:
> '-Dlogfile=C:\Documents and
> Settings\kadams/.snap/log/buildlog-siteController.txt'

That argument is being passed correctly. However...

> '-listener'
> 'org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger'
> '-DXmlLogger.file=C:\Documents'
> 'and'
> 'Settings\kadams/.snap/log/buildlog-siteController.xml'

This is still being split up. So you need to change the following:

<arg line="-listener org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger
-DXmlLogger.file={$logdir}/buildlog-{@name}.xml"/>

<arg value="-listener org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger
-DXmlLogger.file={$logdir}/buildlog-{@name}.xml"/>

In fact, you should use <arg value=""/> for _all_ of your arguments. The
line attribute is for specifying the whole commandline.

Ciao,
Gordon

--
Gordon Tyler