ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: a quick ?? on the dtd task of ejbjar
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:47:44 GMT
Deacon, Garrett (DST-CLT) wrote:
> In the documentation it specifies two mandatory parameters, public id and
> location.  WRT location it states that ...
>
> "The location of the local copy of the DTD. This can either be a file or a
> resource loadable from the classpath"
> What exactly does the second part mean.  Can I specifiy a jar file that
> contains the dtds?

You can't specify the jar directly - you can specify a resource within a jar
and that jar is on the classpath. Java is able to load non-class files as
resources from the classpath and <ejbjar> uses this to load the dtd.

For example, the weblogic element will attempt to load the dtd from the resource

/weblogic/ejb20/dd/xml/weblogic700-ejb-jar.dtd

If you look in the weblogic jars, you'll see it in there with this path.

Conor