ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Fop Task
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:41:38 GMT
Hello,

Christopher Lenz wrote:
<snip/>

> BTW, the <fop> Task is *extremely* noisy with debugging/warning/error
> output (as is the commandline), and I haven't figured out a good way to
> turn the volume down with the Ant task.

An adapter to Ant's logger should be written.  By specifying the various
logging level options to Ant, -quiet, nothing, -verbose and -debug, this
would also control the logging verbosity of the FOP output.  It also
means the FOP output goes to the same place as Ant's log.

I wrote such a logging adapter for DVSL that routes all Velocity
messages through Ant's logger.  It's very simple and could probably be
adapted for FOP provided it has some logging abstraction.

It's documented at
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/ant_task_reference.html.

You can see it at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-dvsl/src/java/org/apache/tools/dvsl/AntLogSystem.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup.