ant-user mailing list archives

From Dean Hiller <dhil...@avaya.com>
Subject one to bind them all-not solvable?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:07:50 GMT
I am working on a project with many modules or services developed
independently.  We have the same exact build file for every one!!!
 Instead of having many, I would like to only have one in the base level
directory.  when I do an "ant -find", I would like it to compile the
project of whose directory I am in.  I also want the basedir property to
be set to that project.  This seems like a stretch and not possible.
 Any ideas?

My directory structure
Base
      single build.xml for each project
      serviceA
             src
             build
      serviceB
             src
             buil
       serviceC
             src
             build

The baseDir of build.xml should be set to the serviceC if I am executing
"ant -find" from Base/serviceC/src.  Possibly, I am going about this the
wrong way.  Any out of the box ideas appreciated here too.  Has anybody
else run into having so many of the same exact build files?  How do you
deal with this?  We currently have to copy our changes to each one.  I
would much prefer a change that takes affect across the board.
thanks,
Dean