ant-user mailing list archives

From Sean Landis<Sean.Lan...@Motorola.com>
Subject Different behavior 1.4.1 - 1.5.1
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:48:02 GMT
We noticed an important difference in behavior between 1.4.1  and 1.5.1
regarding the jar built-in. The difference is demonstrated in the
following
build file fragment:

  <jar jarfile="${service-dl.jars}/controller-surrogate.jar"
         basedir="${build}"  includesfile="tmp"/>
  <jar jarfile="${service-dl.jars}/controller-surrogate.jar"
        manifest="${manifests}/controller-surrogate.mf"
         update="true"
         basedir="${service-dl.jars}"
         includes="service-surrogate.jar"/>

In 1.4.1, the first jar command would create the jar and the second
would
update the jar file. In 1.5.1, the first would create, but the second
would
be skipped. With -debug, a message is printed that states the second
command was skipped because the jar file was up to date.

This seems to be a bug in 1.5.1 since the 'update="true"' ought to
force update regardless of the state of the jar file.

Is this a bug to be fixed?

If not, is there a correct way to do what we want?

If so, is there a work-around technique to get what we want?

Thanks,
Sean