ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting environment variables with ant?
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:46:38 GMT
To be explicit, if you only need to set environment
variables for the duration of the Ant build, you will
presumably be using the
<property environment="prefix" /> task.  Then you can,
in a way, set environment variables for use in the
build.  If you want to override the environment
setting for a property "ABC", for example, merely
specify
<property name="prefix.ABC" value="value" /> prior to
the
<property environment="prefix" /> task.  If you want
the environment setting to take precedence, reverse
that order.  The immutability of properties inherent
in Ant will set precedence accordingly.

-Matt

--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <levylambert@tiscali-dsl.de>

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html