ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, Edward" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject Determining if a build failed or not...
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:10:02 GMT
I would like to send an email regardless of the success/failure of a build.
Currently, it goes like this:
Ant is called with the appropriate target to create an ear file (so complete
build is done) from a wrapper script.  This target also sends an email (to a
distribution list) if the build is successful.  This is wonderful if it all
works, but sometimes it doesn't - or sometimes not enough jUnit tests pass.
The wrapper script also has a test for the existence of the ear file (and
some logs) and sends email to my cell phone (JUST my cell phone - no one
else wants text messages at 3 AM) if there was a failure (missing ear file)
and which build it was.

Is there any way to do this completely from ant?  I'm really trying to stick
to the core functionality of ant (no try/catch).

Any suggestions would be excellent!