ant-user mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Setting a property to the value of a class?
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:02:14 GMT
Hi all,

We're working on our system and have come to the need of being able to set a
property to a value that is determined programatically. In our case, it's a
version number, which is obtained through external means.

In most cases, this would be fine as a property, but there doesn't seem to
be an obvious way to set this up.

I'm clearly missing something pretty obvious, but does anyone have any
suggestions?

Something akin to being able to do this:

<property name="myValue" class="com.pkg.CalcMyValue">
    <parm name="firstArg" value="xyz"/>
    <parm name="secondArg" value="123"/>
</property>

Any ideas? Anything close?