ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: AntHill vs. CruiseControl vs. Gump
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:18:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Maciej Zawadzki" <mbz@urbancode.com>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 03:01
Subject: Re: AntHill vs. CruiseControl vs. Gump

> p.s. I also have found it disheartening that CruiseControl was so
> difficult to configure initially, and that it had such hard-coded
> settings in their WEB-INF/web.xml that had to be changed, rather than
> Anthill's elegant easy configuration from a web browser.  I suspect
> these issues have been addressed at least partially by the CC team, but
> it was an afterthought rather than being done from the start.

which shows its origin from a consultancy group; setup is probably something
they did as part of their consultancy. Now it is more mainstream it *should*
be easier to use.

I am thinking of setting up gump, so I can get axis down nightly and build
my apps against it. Also I can do a nightly run of Ant and Axis on a
multi-cpu NT box, which tests them in different ways from Sam's setup.

-steve