ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: copy problem
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:26:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hunnisett" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 01:53
Subject: Re: copy problem

> >Also,
> >(a) there is a <axisjava2wsdl> task with axis
> >(b) it is somewhat dangerous to drive your WSDL from your Java; better to
> >write the wsdl and then <axiswsdl2java> it do java.
> We are using all of this in the context of Grid Service (as opposed to web
> services) and the architecture lends itself much more to the use of
> java2wsdl than the other way around.  Out of interest, why do you say that
> it is dangerous to drive the WSDL from the Java?

1. its dangerous in terms of interop: you cuold write the java code then
complain that the perl far end cant handle things like a HashTable being
sent back; if you write the IDL first you know there are problems the moment
you try to describe a hash table in xml schema.

2. its dangerous from a maintenance perspective as suddenly your
implementation (the java) is driving the specification (the WSDL). with a
separate 'golden' WSDL file, you can fiddle with the impl and be sure you
dont accidentally change the spec.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message