ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Which task
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:08:32 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:59
Subject: RE: Which task

> No it won't. My <which> task looks for files in the filesystem, that's it.
> guess it could be modified to look for files within JAR and ZIP files, but
> then it would have to return a URL of the form
> file://path/to/file.jar!/com/acme/SomeClass.java. Actually, why not ;-) I
> already have a ClassPathScanner class that does just that for classes, and
> it works with the filesystem and JAR files. Problem is, it's not in the
same
> repo, and it's not very Ant'ish. Problem is, it's not really my itch ;-)

I have a task to do this. Actually I thought your Which.java did this, and I
was recreating it while stuck offline somewhere last week trying to work out
which jar had a copy of log4j.properties that was screwing up my life.

Maybe I'll merge in your stuff and then we can search for resources or jars.

-steve